Join The Clay Pot Creative Team
Are you driven by making connections, customer success and finding the perfect solution for your clients?
We have an immediate opening for an Account Manager. The Account Manager’s role is to connect with existing and new customers, create new business opportunities, and cultivate these relationships to foster a long lasting partnership between the agency and our clients. You would serve as a day-to-day client liaison on projects from estimate through completion, managing all facets independently. We expect that you have a strong understanding of marketing communications, as well as a good knowledge of the digital landscape and can manage multiple clients and timelines. You have the ability to work independently and collaboratively. You oversee the agency-client relationship, determining clients’ needs, short-term and long-term goals,and ensure that we deliver. We need someone who will hit the ground running, is a people person, comfortable working with a team, meeting with clients, solving problems, and is very organized and self motivated.
This is a full-time salaried position based out of our Fort Collins office with flexibility to work remotely. The position requires the ability to attend regular client meetings, primarily in Northern Colorado.
Clay Pot Creative is a full service marketing agency in Fort Collins, CO composed of an energetic account, creative, and development team. Born from a drive to provide clients highly customized solutions tailored to their needs, we've grown to provide world-class solutions to clients locally, nationally and internationally. Our core values of Connect, Create and Cultivate permeate our daily lives; connecting to our clients to fully understand their core needs, creating customized solutions that exceed their expectations and in turn, cultivating a long-lasting relationship which is where we believe the best marketing partnerships thrive. We pride ourselves on our expertise and creativity and believe that work and play should be part of every day. Our client base is varied, with many long term partnerships in the B2B and B2C realms. Our work includes strategy and implementation in all mediums both digital and traditional. Fort Collins has always been our home, and for over two decades we've built lasting ties with our local and surrounding communities on our belief that giving back to the community makes everyone stronger.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities
- Day-to-day client interaction and project management, via email, phone and in-person meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with clients and internal team members to ensure successful projects and long-lasting partnerships.
- Identifying and connecting with new clients and potential business opportunities.
- Identify potential project opportunities and upsell solutions with existing clients and/or identifying areas of improvement to meet financial goals.
- Prepare proposals, presentations and sales pitches.
- Coordinate contracts, budgets, NDAs, and other necessary documentation with clients
- Think strategically to help translate client goals and needs into clear project deliverables
- Lead the client planning process.
- Accountable for the managing, assigning and tracking of resources for projects
- Communicate timely project status updates
- Identify potential project risks and address them before they interfere with project deliverables.
- Manage the change request process, identifying and documenting changes in scope
- Participate in the creative development of projects and reviewing/auditing feasibility of ideas
- Fully understand the client’s business needs and challenges
- Negotiate contracts and finalize agreements with clients
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of projects according to customer needs and objectives
- Monitoring budgets, spending and revenue, and explaining cost factors to clients.
- Manage overall project financials, including monthly reviews of completed work in order to facilitate billing in a timely manner.
Education / Experience / Skills:
- 3+ years agency experience in a Project Manager or Account Manager role
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in marketing, business, communications or another similar field.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to foster a positive, collaborative working relationship with clients and colleagues.
- Understanding of the digital marketing landscape
- Self-starting and detail oriented with a strong ownership mindset and passion for doing great work
- Strong background in organizing and implementing project plans and monitoring progress, priorities, and quality.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple clients and projects at one time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Exceptional listening skills and ability to distill client needs and make strategic suggestions that help achieve business goals and objectives
- Computer skills required: We work in the Google Workspace suite of applications as well as ProWorkflow, a project management system. We expect experience in working with these or similar applications.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional business relationships.
- Highly organized individual with ability to prioritize work flows
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work autonomously and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Creative and logical problem solver
- Comfortable leading client facing and internal team meetings.
- Ability to work collaboratively and/or independently
- Curious and eager to learn
COVID-19 Precautions: remote interview process, potential virtual onboarding for new hires.
As a member of the Clay Pot Creative team you will work with a fun group of creatives. In addition to fun and exciting work, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation and sick leave, a retirement account, lots of laughter and even an office keg and espresso machine.
While we are all currently working remotely our office is ideally positioned a short walk from the heart of historic Old Town Fort Collins, home to a vast array of entertainment options, foodie delicacies, and world-class craft breweries. Fort Collins itself is nestled against the foothills of the front range and offers a multitude of outdoor activities only minutes away that will satisfy any recreational enthusiast.
Salary Range: Base Salary of $50,000 - $65,000 plus sales commission, based upon experience.
Email your resume, cover letter, salary requirments and work examples to email@example.com. No phone calls or office visits please.