Join The Clay Pot Creative Team
Clay Pot Creative has an immediate opening for a full time Web Developer. We need someone who will hit the ground running, likes to hand code, has built sites from the ground up and is comfortable working with a team, meeting with clients, solving problems, and is very organized and self motivated. You will work collaboratively to plan and execute strategic objectives as they pertain to the web, and bridge the gap between graphic design and technical implementation by being able to help define how the website looks as well as how it works. You will need the ability to develop using today’s standards and trends while making sound decisions for us and the client based on your experience in the industry. You will be a part of a creative team that is responsible for all aspects of web development from the initial specification, through developing, testing and launching and ongoing site maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and utilize best software practices to create well designed, testable, well documented and efficient code
- Front-end development, with some potential for possible back-end development as well.
- Utilize HTML/CSS standard practices to develop website layouts and intuitive user interfaces
- Develop responsive websites for seamless desktop/mobile access
- Ability to communicate and document work progress, code developed (documented and commented code will make it possible for others to understand how the code works), and conceptual ideas, utilizing company provided communication tools.
- Act as advisor on technical feasibility of designs, and take projects from concept to completion efficiently and effectively
- Able to work with existing code libraries, as well as develop future reusable modules
- Ability to work with custom CMS systems, in addition to more popular packages
- Collaborate with clients and our developers, designers, and account managers directly in order to translate their needs into effective web solutions
- Independently stay abreast with industry trends and new concepts/technologies, and advise of the ability to apply them to existing and new projects
- Be a self-starter with strong self-management skills, able to organize and manage multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines and completing projects in an efficient manner
- Maintain and update client sites as needed, as well as working with hosting providers for needed web maintenance and upkeep
- Able to code to proper SEO and Accessibility standards
- Focused ability to troubleshoot issues and identify solutions and have a high level of accountability
- Produces detailed and accurate estimates for time required to review technical specifications, perform design reviews, code reviews and unit testing for assigned projects and tasks. Evaluates the impact of change requests and provides Management with estimates of the time and effort to implement the changes.
- Proficient with Git, Chrome Developer Tools, Sass or Less, Webpack, Unit and Integration Testing.
- Passionate about metrics and automation. Extensive testing of code before launch.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven work experience in web development, having personally developed, tested and deployed multiple web applications
- Minimum 3+ years of web development and programming experience with:
- HTML5 / CSS3 / JS (ES6 highly favorable)
- PHP and MySQL
- REST API and API Integrations
- Experience with WordPress and other CMS platforms, as well as experience with customizing them beyond basic implementations
- Experience working with Node or React
- E-commerce experience (wooCommerce, custom solutions)
- Strong understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience with Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
- Mobile App Experience a plus but not essential
- Superior understanding of desktop and mobile UI design, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions, standards and trends, and is able to apply this understanding to creation of custom web design layouts
- Understand design principles of typography, balance, hierarchy, and color.
- Google Maps and Google Analytics integration.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Basic knowledge of the Search Engine Optimization process.
- Basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite
As a member of the Clay Pot Creative team you will work with a fun group of creatives. In addition to fun and exciting work, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, vacation and sick leave, a retirement account, lots of laughter and even an office keg and espresso machine.
While we are all currently working remotely, we are transitioning back into the office and our office is ideally positioned a short walk from the heart of historic Old Town Fort Collins, home to a vast array of entertainment options, foodie delicacies, and world-class craft breweries. Fort Collins itself is nestled against the foothills of the front range and offers a multitude of outdoor activities only minutes away that will satisfy any recreational enthusiast.
Email your resume, cover letter, salary requirments and work examples to email@example.com. No phone calls or office visits please.